Friday, March 12, 2010

Just a nice memory...

So, my Dad was really handy with cutting and designing wood blocks into fun wooden toys. He had a bunch of saws and tools. This is one of the little cars he made. I have it in my bedroom to remind me of my Dad. Just a good and sweet memory. I miss him. I loved it that I could go to him and tell him my troubles and he would say that everything would be alright. I miss his hugs. I miss his silly jokes. He laughed more about his jokes than the people listening to them. I told him that a sign of a good comedian was to not laugh at your own jokes...he just couldn't do it. ; ) Love you, Dad. Tell Jase hello.
Happy Friday! I need to work hard today. Accomplish a lot. I hope you are able to also. It's always a nice feeling. Or maybe just enjoy the pretty day...hey, that sounds good. A nice dream but I must work. I will look out my work window, longingly, at the pretty day.

And I really need to add...how grateful I am for who I am. And what I have. Family.

2 comments:

Heather said...

Love reading about those memories. Your dad sounds amazing! Love the car -- inspired by your dad, perhaps? You're so talented!

Laura said...

Such a cute little car and happy memories of your dad! My grandma always said how grateful she was to have memories to coast on.