Monday, October 25, 2010

Happy Monday & Fun Activity Wednesday...

Grateful for many things...including NO SNOW on the freeway this morning. Thank you!!!!
Good weekend... got the book SO close to being done. Just a few tweaks after work I hope. 2nd- I survived teaching the lesson in YW on Chastity. EEK! Just a little hard but you have to be straightforward. Luckily my counselors and the bishop were there too. Phew. I wish I could be confident on my feet in front of people. In other words, just being able to think clearly as I present. Ah well. Maybe it is a learning process... So much to learn in this life! (sigh!)

So this coming Wednesday we are doing an International/Culture Night. (One of the YM counselors is from Hawaii so we couldn't do it strictly International but wanted to include Hawaii... who wouldn't? That is where I want to be right now as Winter starts to rear it's ugly head...)

So these are the main pieces for it. I "borrowed" the logo for an actual passport. My counselors will wear the customs badges. I can't as I am presenting Canada.

As the kids go to each country, they get a sticker in their passport book...

Places to write notes...

The questions... (We asked each country/culture rep to come up with an answer to a question but not to spotlight that info in their presentation...hmmm, not sure how that will go but hopefully the kids will listen well.). The one for Hawaii is insane...The State fish of Hawaii is the humuhumunukunukuapua'a pronounced: hoo-moo-hoo-moo-noo-koo-noo-koo-auhp-oo-ah-ah! Yah, just try to say that 10 times fast!
And this blurry photo is the sticker that will go on the back of the books that my "border patrol" counselors will place on the books once the kids answer the questions.
I hope the activity goes okay. We will see. Next is to figure out YW in Excellence. Truly I have no idea what to do with that. I hope me and my counselors come up with good ideas this Tuesday night at our planning meeting... We have less than a month!

Happy Monday!!!

3 comments:

Jan said...

What a cute idea for an activity Lori. It looks fun!

I am glad you survived your lesson. I know how you feel, I've had to do the same type of thing in YW. Thank goodness we have the Spirit to guide us!

The Tregeagles said...

When you told me about your the passport idea the other day I thought it was genius. You're so creative. It's such a big job teaching the youth, but no doubt you did a wonderful job.

Tanya said...

So clever Lori! I hope you are doing well. Do you need my new address for your Christmas card;)