Friday, February 26, 2010

It's Friday and it's almost over...

Just how I am feeling...that "my" Vancouver Olympics will be over this weekend. I will miss it. So fun. So great to have the world see how pretty Vancouver is. Dreams have been exceeded and lost during the games. That is how it is with the Olympics. But I have loved watching the whole thing. I watched nearly every evening. Even the curling on Saturdays (though I still don't get that sport... I remember watching it at the ice rink when I was young. And getting a little bored. And amazed as to why people did it.)
My eyes are tired. I stayed up late watching the Womens' Ice Skating program. Had to watch that. Yay for the Canadian who got bronze! She's had a rough time but still skated like a trooper. So sad about her losing her mom a week before. But she skated well. The South Korean won gold. Talk about pressure for her...her country pretty much would disown her if she got less than gold. Ridiculous pressure for a teenager!

I am glad it is Friday. I am at work. And I hope to get a lot done today. I am glad it is good weather. Yay! And I hope I don't fall asleep. Anyone have some toothpicks to prop my eyes open?

The temple was nice last night. As always. Saw Amy and Michael. And saw Ché and Jared. So fun!

Enjoy your last couple of days of watching "my" Olympics! (Pretty cute but so many people I know have been telling me that when they watch these Olympics that they think of me. Thanks, everyone. I will quit bringing up the fact that the Olympics were in Vancouver before too long... maybe...) And yay for my red mittens! Love them!!!

Happy Friday! (P.S. on Monday it is a new month...remember to say "Rabbit, Rabbit" when you first wake up....before you say anything else and you will have good luck all month! This is an ongoing first day of the month thing you can do. Can't hurt!)

4 comments:

Tammy said...

Very cute sketch!

Laura said...

So glad you got some red mittens! Watching the Olympics has made me want to visit Vancouver. It looks lovely. Want to be my tour guide? :-)

The Tregeagles said...

These Olympics will always be yours and you'll always remember them fondly. I think we all feel that way about the SLC Olympics too. Those were some of my fondest memories ever. I'm excited that Canada has done so well and made their country proud. I've also loved your posts. Yay for Vancouver!
-Erin

Lori said...

I loved the SLC Olympics too! Yes- I got some red mittens! woohoo! I just love the Olympics.

Laura, you need to go to Vancouver! So pretty. and take a ferry over to Vancouver Island. Go to Butchart Gardens. Just so fun. You can breathe in the ocean smell. And I don't mean a fish smell...just a fresh breeze smell. I miss that.