Friday, February 19, 2010

Sending a Birthday Message into the sky...

So as my earlier post indicates, it is my brother Jason's birthday today. It is his first birthday since he had to leave us. (Though 3 year old Wyatt told my sister today that Jason was right in the room with them...which I truly believe. Little children are so close to the spirit and see much more than we do as adults. No question in my mind or heart.)

So here are our balloons. We each wrote a note to Jason and put them in envelopes and then I stapled the notes to the ribbons. Ander wrote on his envelope "and don't forget to come back soon." and Ben wrote on his envelope, "Your kids miss you." So sweet. I know Kiley appreciated that since she misses her dad so much.
And here is Ben, Wy, Ander, Mom, and Karen at Jason's grave. Karen is holding my gold balloon since I am taking the photo.
And there go the balloons. Mine is up high. I wrote in part of my note to Jason that he better start jumping to catch these balloons. ; ) Since we know he is here on earth near us always. You can see the little notes attached to the balloons.
The dark blue balloon is Wyatt's. It got caught in the trees. Wyatt asked his mom if Jason would come and get it out of the trees. We hope so.

I picked out colors of balloons that look like they could be from Star Wars. And also a BYU blue balloon. Jason would appreciate that.

Happy birthday, Jase! Love you. We hope you read our notes to you.

7 comments:

Jenn said...

What a sweet, touching post. I'm sure this must be such a hard time for you, but what a wonderful way to celebrate his birthday. I love the balloons with notes--I know he will get them and read every one! I love also how in touch your little nephew is. What a blessing to have updates about Jason from such a pure little soul. I'm praying for you!

The Tregeagles said...

What a creative way to remember him.

AMIT said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.
nASHTONville said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
nASHTONville said...

I only know you through Laura's blog (my husband is her cousin) but have found your posts and artistry very intriguing. You are so very talented. Would love to get to know you better...I need an artist to create a piece for my parents. If you are interested, please contact me at hairdoo22@gmail.com. Have a great day and a very nice tribute to your brother. I'm sorry you had to go through that. Have a great week.

Laura said...

Hey, Marshelle posted on your blog. She is such a sweetheart! I hope you can work with her, even she is a Ute fan. :-)

Anyway, I just wanted to say how glad I am that you can go visit Jason's grave. That was a hard thing on the one-year anniversary of my mom's death. Only my dad and his fiance were able to go to Mom's grave. I kind of missed it. So, happy for you! (You know what I mean by that, right?)

Lori said...

Yes, Laura, I know what you mean by that. I sent an email to your cousin's wife. Even though she is a Ute fan... ; )