Thursday, February 25, 2010

Yes I do like these

Okay so I know I was ranting about not being a fashion fiend. Sometimes I wish I was. But I am finding I'm just who I am and I will dress how I dress...though I do wish I could find more interesting clothing choices. I like one of a kind different looks. But I just don't find them that easily. Maybe THAT is my problem...
Again, not too big of a problem since I like to think I focus my life on things of more importance most of the time. (I'm just having a discussion with myself right now... ; ) And that is fine. Anyway I also admit that till about 2 years ago I wouldn't have been caught dead with a purse! Not me. Keep it simple. Until I found the earthy toned bag below. I found it in a corner of Super Target one day. I fell in love. It was just hanging there and it called to me. Instead of dragging my phone, organizer, sunglasses, etc, around in my pockets, I had a convenient place to carry them in...And I loved it that it was so simple. I am not a hugely frilly person. I like simple. And then my cute co-worker, Paula, made the fabric flower for me that I attached to my bag. I get lots of compliments about it and proudly tell people who gave it to me. Sorry the colors of it are bleached out in this photo. And then just the other day, again at Super Target, I found this cute little mustard purse. It is quite tiny. Not sure that my phone will even fit in it. Okay, it might. But I loved the color and how cute it was. So there you go. My two purses. Simple and functional.
And just another note...I am loving the Olympics. Like I said before. The end of this week will be sad for me. Just the thrill of these amazing Olympians competing in their events. Wow! And again another cheer for VANCOUVER! Truly it has made me extra happy, on top of my regular happiness, this past while. Go teams and people in the teams!

Happy Thursday!

3 comments:

nASHTONville said...

Love this post! Purses are my fettish, my weak link, my shopping therapy. Can't live with em', can't live without em! Love yours and may you find many more that fit your style. That's the hard part and with so many choices...have a great day!

Laura said...

You're fun, Lori! I'm like you. Purses are just not my thing, so when I find one I like, I hang onto it until it falls apart.

Lindsay said...

I am waiting for the sweatpants and big t-shirts to be the new sexy thing! Oh and tennis shoes....then I wont have to do a thing :)