Sunday, July 18, 2010

Great Pioneer Day Concert...?

I went with some friends to the Mormon Tabernacle Choir Pioneer Memorial Day Concert on Friday night.

Great songs and beautiful atmosphere.

Though the one letdown was that a friend's friend met us there. And she is nice enough but was not too up on appropriate behavior. At the end of the song "The Battle Hymn of the Republic", she proceeded to cheer and woop it up and make a trilling sound for quite a while after. Luckily the clapping (from everyone else in the whole conference center) kind of drowned her out. But I could not help myself and had to quickly hide my face with the program. I truly wanted to get up and run out. So embarrassing. She also did this after a couple of more songs.

I really had nothing to say as I was so surprised by her behavior.

Oh well. The moment is over. Phew.

(Note to self: don't attend any more events like that if she is coming. Or look for a quick exit place to sit. Or better yet, just don't sit near her again.)

No comments: