Saturday, July 10, 2010

What a wonderful weekend so far...

And here are all of us racers from our group for the Freedom Festival Race on July 5th. Woohoo! We did it! And it was great fun! Thanks Analane for the photo!

I also got 6 new windows installed yesterday! If windows can be beautiful, these are! I love them! Thank you, Window World! Thanks so much Jared for removing and reinstalling my blinds! You are the B E S T! Happy birthday tomorrow!

I also got to help in the Mt Timp Temple office last night for 2 and a half hours. We are extra busy with Provo Temple being closed for 5 weeks so we were asked to sign up to help with an extra shift and also a couple of hours in the office. The job in the office is to call two different lines and listen and write down the names that people call in for the Prayer Roll. It was just a fun time and also getting to know the workers in the office last night. One sister was just so sweet and I felt prompted to tell her all our experiences since my cute brother Jason passed away. It was a tender time for me for sure and she also got emotional. Words were shared that can only be shared in the temple. It was such a great evening. And President and Sister Brown were there. They are so cute. President Brown told the sister who was showing me how to do the phone stuff that she needs to watch out for me (Hinting that I am a little bit slow. Really funny there, President Brown!). I love the people I work with at the temple.

And then to top it off, Che' and Jared and I got to eat cafe rio after! Yum!

Today so far I went to the track, got my oil changed, and mowed my lawn. Off to the North Van Reunion party today and then lastly...but not leastly (is that a word? It should be!) off to see "110 Degrees in the Shade" starring Audra McDonald (from Broadway fame).

Such fun times! I have to say I feel very grateful.

(I also found out today that the Vancouver Temple is the 131st temple that has been built on this earth. 1 3 1. I like that number.)

1 comment: