Monday, August 23, 2010

Hoohoo Monday & Ouchie Saturday!

Hoohoo to Monday!
A contemplative weekend. A busy weekend. Didn't get as much done as I wanted to accomplish. But that's okay. I left the weekend feeling good but still wishing I had gotten more done.

But I do have newly cleaned carpet. Which is so nice. But I have an owchie story to share...The plastic mat that lays on the floor under my computer chair hurt me on Saturday. OWWWWWCH! The pointy side was facing up on the floor. I did that because I had to lay it down because it had been laying on the top of my bed while the carpet cleaner guy was there. So the carpet wasn't quite dry enough. So I laid it on the floor face down (so that I could use my bed to go to sleep) to let the carpet dry a tiny bit more without the pointies sticking through. So then that next morning, before I had turned it over...I totally spaced it and proceeded to walk over it in my bare feet. It was like I must have been in a trance because even though it hurt, I couldn't make myself jump off of it. Ouch Ouch Ouch! Pretty crazy. I checked for piercings in the bottom of my feet. Phew- no! But my feet throbbed for a bit.

And if that wasn't bad enough--I did it again!!! Later in the day. But this time I realized that I needed to jump off in a shorter timespan. WHAT IS THE MATTER WITH ME?
At that "point" I finally turned the mat over. I can laugh about it now but at the time I was so shocked that I did that. And twice!

No comments: