Sunday, December 28, 2008

A Good Reminder...Give Over Get

So, are there some Christmases where you end up spending a lot more than what you ever receive? I truly don't mind. That is how it pretty much always is. 
So a sweet couple in my neighborhood just dropped off a Christmas treat to my door after church today (they finally found me home!). And they also gave me a copy of their Christmas newsletter with a good reminder thought in their message... 
You know how at least one or two people (at least) probably ask you the question each year, "What did you GET for Christmas?" Well how about subbing out a word in that sentence to "What did you GIVE for Christmas? I loved that reminder. And no, this isn't the time to rattle off a brag list of all that you might have done or bought for others. That is not the purpose at all. But instead a good reminder that it is always better to give than to receive. Oh I know- it is fun to get presents. I agree. But I think it is a good reminder that, for me, giving is where I get the most deep-down true joy.
Anyway, I am waiting for my (unknown-so far) millionaire husband to come along and lavish many gifts on me...kidding. I am just so funny!

No comments: