Saturday, May 2, 2009

A Different Perspective on Life

After losing my brother, almost a month ago, I have thought a lot about things in life. And how even more so now, what is really important to me. 
I am also even more so grateful for all the blessings that I have and the experiences I have had. It has made me who I am, good or bad, and I hope that I will slowly but surely learn from my mistakes in my life and move onward and upward. Because for sure I want to be able to see my brother Jason again. And I hope I am worthy to do that. I know you should never do the "I wish I had done this...or been more compassionate about that..." because there is a reason he had to leave our earthly family for now. But I do pray hard that he can forgive me. I just feel that I didn't handle the situation the best way at times. And I know he had that terrible disease and that I didn't understand what he went through a lot of times...but I could have done better.  Love you, Jase. I feel you near me a lot. And I know you are okay now and don't have to deal with all that stuff anymore. And I am so happy for you. But we will never stop missing you. 

1 comment:

Jen said...

Lori, You are such an amazing woman! You are a great example to me. You are so strong and so wonderful! I'm certainly better for having known you.