Wednesday, August 3, 2011

My Favorite Day

Enjoy each day. Make it perfect and sweet. A lot has to do with attitude and the last few months, because of a certain circumstance with a certain person, I have not had the best attitude. And I am in the process of changing that. I don't like to be the kind of person I have been for the last while. I let a situation take over my mind and sadly my heart and I have not been the person I am working at being. Time for a change of heart. (The art above is for my lesson on Sunday. VERY appropriate timing that this is the lesson I am teaching on Sunday. A learning lesson for the YW that their leaders have a lot to learn. Sigh.)

I absolutely love this photo!!!! It is from this blog I follow... The Nienie Dialogues... http://nieniedialogues.blogspot.com/2011/08/hello-goodbye.html

What an amazing photo from Blue Lily. Love the water going up on the side of the boat and the 4 kids sitting there enjoying a sweet Summer day. Perfect!!! Sigh.

I was talking to a co-worker at work this morning saying how it is only Wednesday. And then I was saying that I was not sure what my favorite day of the week was as my mind started thinking of that...and then another co-worker piped up, "Every day should be your favorite day." And that is so true! Hello! Every day is a fantastic day and my favorite day!!! Good reminder.

I am of the opinion that you never know what exciting thing or event is around the corner. You really just never know. Maybe today you will meet that person who will be your friend forever that has been missing in your life (that would be so cool.). Maybe you will just realize that you need to change your attitude about something (that is me right now.). Maybe you are finally over a cold you had for a while and you are grateful that you are healthy once again (I always am very grateful when I get over being sick.). I am just throwing ideas into the air. I need to be more thankful and remember the possibilities. Each day is a treasure. Each day is my favorite day.

And if it is hard some days and you can't quite keep up your goal, just pretend you are on a sailing boat on the perfect Summer day without a care in the world...and start again the next day.

2 comments:

Laura said...

As another Canadian said, "Tomorrow is a new day, with no mistakes in it." Good reminder!

Jennifer said...

Such good thoughts. And I love, love your little "new heart" drawing!