Sunday, December 13, 2009

Alien at Conference

So we had stake conference today. It was great. The speakers gave us great things to think about. Then suddenly at 11:30 (with a half hour to go), the power went out in the gym where I was sitting. All the lights went out...and I thought at first that a child had flipped a switch. I bet a lot of parents were quickly glancing around to make sure their children were not near any light switches. So then for the next half hour we all sat there in the dark. No announcement was relayed to us in the back of the stake center of what we should do and the area seventy kept speaking up at the front though we couldn't hear him. Finally at 5 to 12 we could here a choir so we knew it was almost over. We guess they had a prayer after and then as soon as we saw movement in the chapel part of the stake center, we all got up and left. So during that time in the dark, I drew an alien. So I guess an alien was at stake conference. I drove home in the slippery slush on the road. I have decided it doesn't matter if you have 4 wheel or all-wheel drive in slippery slush. Made for an interesting 2 minute drive home. But me and the alien on the paper got home safely. Supposed to snow hard all afternoon into the evening tonight. So I think all aliens and humans should stay home. ; )

2 comments:

The Tregeagles said...

Reminds me of Sam when I wake him up in the morning! Cute.

Erin said...

Goodness, I sure wish my doodles looked like your doodles! I love it!

I really love all the pictures you have been posting! You are so, so talented!