Friday, December 18, 2009

Yes, Lori, Santa Claus does exist!

"When you do something nice for someone, Santa Claus does exist."
Wow- that quote has to be the truth. I had a lot of "nices" shown to me in about 3 different ways yesterday.
1) The owner of our company was very generous to us yesterday in showing her appreciation to us for our hard work this year by letting us know we would get a little bonus this coming Tuesday. Not too forget the gift cards she gives us each Thanksgiving and Christmas. Nor can I forget the fact that I have been working there over 5 years and she gives out $500 to employees that have been there 5 years, $1000 to employees that have been there 10 years... and so on. I truly feel blessed. And so thankful. Yes, my $500 is going to my car! Everything extra does!
2) Let's just say there is something about a Santa in a red jogging suit who did a really sweet thing for me for this year. Let's just say it involved me receiving some brightly wrapped packages and a note not to open them till Christmas. And I just want to say thank you. It touched my heart and totally surprised me. And I will always remember this. It was just sweet. And truly un-needed but also such a sweet surprise. I have my ideas of who it was just because of how things transpired yesterday but I know "he" wants to remain anonymous I guess. The magic of Christmas for sure.
3) And when I was working at the temple last night, before our shift started last night, in prayer meeting when we were singing christmas songs- I mentioned to the chorister that my favorite song was "I Heard the Bells on Christmas Day" and it was the last song listed on the blackboard and I could tell we wouldn't have time to sing it in the time alotted...but sweetly she erased the song number just before 214 at the very end of our singing time and we were able to sing it. (I thanked her later.) Singing that song was just the cherry on the top of a very sweet day.
Yes, Lori, there is a Santa Claus.
Just an amazing day...not to forget that just being able to work at the temple makes every Thursday amazing. I was talking to a co-worker about that very fact last night. I feel so blessed.

Thank you to all the people in my life who give me "nices" everyday. It's sometimes a smile or a hello. Maybe a kind word. I am just very grateful. Blessed really.

2 comments:

Laura said...

What a great day! And you deserve it. I hope today is equally as nice.

Julie Baldwin said...

Sniff, Sniff...I miss Thursday nights at the temple.