Wednesday, December 15, 2010

Oh yah for JFD!

Yay--happy day! The book I spent most of September and October in every spare minute of my life when I wasn't sleeping, working fulltime, or being involved with YW...and working as fast as humanly possible to illustrate...is going to be available by or before February 2011!

http://www.greensmoothiegirl.com/books/pre-order-robyns-new-childrens-book/

This is an exerpt from Robyn who had me illustrate the book...(I appreciate her kind words of praise.)

My new children’s fiction book, The Adventures of Junk Food Dude, has delightful illustrations by Lori Sume. Lori Sume, my illustrator, you are so creative and artistic, I just love you. You worked so hard.

A child gets far more from the story than a solid grounding in what foods to eat, and what foods to avoid, to be happy, healthy, and active.

These are the other messages taught within the story geared to a young audience:

  1. Eating raw fruits and vegetables, greens, legumes and whole grains, nuts and seeds is fun, delicious, and nourishing.
  2. The consequences for choosing good foods and bad foods are far more than sugar spikes and crashes. They include positive or negative mood, healthy or unhealthy weight, how attractive you look, and whether you are able to participate fully in fun activities.
Anyway... it was a big project and I am grateful that I got to be a part of it. Thanks to Robyn! Now to get copies of those books in my hands! Now that will be exciting!!!

No comments: