Friday, February 12, 2010

Ah, for Fridays! And long weekends...and the Olympics.

My Olympic mementos...The tag from my red mittens (that only residents of Canada can get but I have my connections still in Canada even though I don't live there anymore. Thanks Dale and thanks also soon to Clair and Sherrie).
My Sumi keychain. That I actually bought about a year ago. He is one of the mascots for the Vancouver Olympics. Had to have him since nearly 99% of the time when someone meets me, they think my name is pronounced Sumi. But I know it is a different name since it is Finnish. So I can understand.

And here are my lovely red mittens. Has the logo on the backs of the mittens and the maple leaf on the fronts. I think they are quite spiffy.


YES...today the Olympics start!!!! Can you tell I am so happy? Vancouver, you rock! I love where I live now...don't get me wrong...but Vancouver will forever hold a special place in my heart. No question! I wish all the athletes well. May their dreams come true. If only that their dream is to be at the Olympics after all their hours...years of training. I am excited to watch the opening ceremonies tonight. As they show pictures of my hometown and show the Canadian spirit. Go Olympics!
I cheer for Canada, USA, and Finland! (My father is from Finland so that too means a lot to me.)

WOOHOO!

And it is very fun to have a 4 day weekend. Opie the dog kind of wore me out last weekend (though I love the little mutt) so I chose to use some of my vacation hours and have an extra long weekend.

Oh-and I might have to go to Jury duty on Tuesday. Wow- never done that before. I have to call on Monday to see if the case (whatever it is) has been resolved and as to whether I really have to go. So maybe it will be a 5 day weekend... (I hope that's all...I have work to do at work.)

3 comments:

Jared and Ché said...

love your mittens!

Christine said...

So glad you got your mittens. I know you wanted them a lot. Fun!

The Tregeagles said...

I had forgotten that you were from Vancouver. What an amazing place. You're lucky!