Thursday, February 11, 2010

Just thinking about the other side of the world...

I just pause and think about Haiti a lot since the earthquake. Those people already don't have much. And to add to it, more has been taken away. I pray every day that they can at least feel some sort of comfort and calmness in the midst of everything. The church members are amazing. Even though they don't have homes to go home to and have also tragically lost family and friends, they are out there helping and comforting where they can. I know that they are being watched over. And blessed for their unselfish acts. I have a friend who is from Haiti and he has gone back twice since the earthquake to help where he can. Bless those people who willingly give of their time and money to go there to help out. And bless those who give donations and pray for the people.
Happy Thursday. I am very blessed. And grateful for all that I have. Not only in my daily comforts, but also how spiritually blessed I am. My temple shift tonight!!! I am thankful I am allowed to serve there. I learn so much.

P.S. ONE MORE DAY 'til the Olympics start!!!

1 comment:

Laura said...

I was just thinking last night that the coverage of the earthquake has really disappeared for the most part. Thanks for the reminder!