Tuesday, February 23, 2010

It's Tuesday

Too lazy to look back and see if I already posted this drawing. But I like it. Makes me think of summer days. Lazy days. A little boy greeting a friend who has come to visit...or maybe saying goodbye to a friend who spent a wonderful day with him.
February is zipping by fast it seems. A lot to think about these last few days...A friend's passing. And a brother's first birthday after his passing. It really makes me realize more and more what is important and what isn't.

It makes me sad if I get too involved in the silly things in life. Don't get me wrong...I like to be silly. I mean the frivolous things...like the latest shoes or the latest fashion. Sometimes I think I should try to be a little more into things like that so that maybe I fit in a little more and on occasion I am. But then I also realize how fleeting and unimportant those things are too. I've decided I can only just be me. Take it or leave it. [Also a good excuse when I don't have the latest fashions... ; ) ]

2 comments:

Laura said...

I totally feel the same way! But I like you just the way you are, so "don't go changin' "! (A little Billy Joel is always good, right? :-) )

Kari said...

I think you should just be you, cuz you are great! You are fun, and I think you always look cute, so you have got it goin' on! But I understand what you mean