Thursday, March 11, 2010

Grateful and Humbled

Just thought I'd post this little sketch I did of a little boy enjoying summer and just being a child. Carefree days! Ah.... I am just grateful and humbled with all that I am blessed with in my life.
I got to sit in on a missionary discussion last night for my 11 year old niece. Her father is my brother who passed away last April. He had always wanted to baptize her once he was able to, but the timing wasn't right. It's a sweet experience to listen to how simple the gospel is but how amazing it is. It touched my heart last night and renewed my convictions that I know I have chosen the only path for me in my life. Thank you, cute Granny, for sending the missionaries to Dad and Mom when I was a small child.

3 comments:

Jared and Ché said...

So neat!!

By the way, I read in my baby journal today a letter you wrote to me. You told me about your pet duck Elmer. :)

The Kammeyers said...

Oh my goodness, Lori, I've always been a fan of your artwork, and I am just LOVING this cute little sketch! (FYI, I may commission you down for the road for a picture to go in our nursery). :) Anyway, sounds like you're having a great week!

Heather said...

Isn't it crazy to think about the people who have influenced our lives? I don't believe there are accidents and your post makes me feel grateful and humbled on the angels in my life too. That experience with your niece sounds so special!