Wednesday, March 3, 2010

Watch out...I'm acting like I must be perfect or something...

...and I am SO not. So much to work on.... so here goes...

So I hear on the radio this morning that "they" (not sure who "they" are though I assume it is representation for the handicapped community) are trying to discourage everyone from using the word "retarded". "They" feel that it is disrespectful to those with handicaps. I totally respect that. And I will try harder not to use that word. But I mean no offense to those that are handicapped.

Okay, so then I think that some group of "they" should also discourage people from taking the Lord's name in vain. And maybe announce that on the radio also! People do that much more frequently and without a bit of regard to our Savior and our Heavenly Father and all that they have done for us and continue to do for us. The very breath we breathe at the very least. We should show every bit of respect every single minute of our lives. It just makes me sad. I know that at times I forget how blessed I am and I sometimes feel sorry for myself with some things that have or have not happened for me. But how sad of an individual I am if I forget all that I have to be thankful for and who has given it to me. So come on KSL, let everyone know! Let's show respect.

Anyway, that is my soapbox statement for the week. We will now go back to our regularly scheduled program...

3 comments:

Jared and Ché said...

I wish they would too!

Kari said...

I CoMPLETELY agree Lori! Thanks for posting this

dana said...

Amen, Lori. Well said.