Sunday, March 28, 2010

Happy Sunday to all!

Just a good day. Off to a missionary farewell today. Spending time with family and friends again. Love that. Just grateful.

A side note...I keep feeling that I need to be accomplishing more in my life. That I have been given talents and blessings and that I am not doing as much as I could be with them. The days go by and I feel that I need to do more...or even something at times. I have to admit that losing my brother this last year was such a huge thing in our family...it threw me off in a lot of ways. His passing has sombered me for sure. But I know he is okay. That he is happy. That he wants me to accomplish what I was born to accomplish.

Hmmm...I really need to ponder on this. Though I have been for the last few years or more. But I really need to start setting goals. Maybe thinking outside the box...though that term gives me a bad taste in my mouth at times because of a misunderstood experience (on my part) about 5 years ago. But it is a good term. I feel that I don't live up to the potential I have inside me. That my heavenly father gave me. Especially lately. Yes, I am accomplishing things..a lot of things---where I have to because of a job and needing to pay my bills (and I am so grateful for a job and that push at work because I know it strengthens me more and more each day and I have learned so much about the industry. I learn more each day.)..but there is so much more, on top of that, I could be doing. So yes, I need to think outside the box when it comes to my goals...my dreams for myself. So here's to doing that. Somehow. One day at a time. That I might break the barriers I have put up for myself. I know that I have been given these talents for a reason. And I guess that is what is frustrating to me. I so easily get stuck and don't try. I take the easy road always it seems. Can you tell I have been thinking about it a lot? I am so proud of my friend Holly. I am amazed by her. I need the security of a fulltime job for sure...but I also know I could be doing more outside of work. So I need to stop dreaming and stop being afraid...and actually do something. I actually have quite a big freelance job to get done in the next while but I also need to get moving and push myself to the potential I know I have in me.

So here is to goals. Goals accomplished by talents that are inborn in each of us. May we work each day to do a little more. In all areas of our lives. Physically, spiritually, and mentally. I can work on all areas for sure! Here's to the rest of 2010. This year is just getting started. Lots of time for lots of potential. Here's to many years of accomplishing many things for all of us. I will do a lot more thinking from now on. And some doing for sure.

Happy Sunday!

4 comments:

nASHTONville said...

Lori, I think everyone goes through this at certain times in life. Way to go for taking the reins, setting goals and shooting for the stars! Have a great and productive week!

Laura said...

Losing someone you love really does make you reevaluate things. You'll find your way because you know where to turn for answers. I'm excited to see where the answers take you. I'm sure it will be great!

Heather said...

You are so amazingly talented -- I'm sure that whatever you need to do will open up. It reminds me of that Dr. Seuss book, "Oh the Places You'll Go!" I can't wait to see the places you'll go!

Erin said...

I have you in my google reader and every day I get a bit of sunshine from your posts.

I have to tell you, that your sweet comments on my blog ALWAYS brighten my day. You are so kind and thoughful.

Also I have been meaning to write you and tell you that it was so fun to see you in the Temple. I was so hoping we would see some friend while we were there, and we did! It was awesome!

Can't wait to see you in a couple weeks for dinner. That will be so fun!

You are awesome! You seriously brighten my day every day!

Thank you! )