Sunday, March 14, 2010

Thankful for Family

I am thankful for Sundays when I can go to church and be reminded of the knowledge I have from the gospel. I am thankful for all that I learn every day as I try to be a better person each day though I know I have a lot of backward steps to fix. The impatience thing is a tough one to work through sometimes. I get so impatient and upset about trivial things so easily. What happened to me just being carefree and letting things roll off my back? I guess some of it comes from stress in my life. Worrying about some things- like we all do- and missing a couple of family members deeply who have had to pass on and only be with us in spirit.

I have really been missing my brother a lot the last few days. I get so emotional about it. I miss Jase so much and wish that I could talk to him. He always made us laugh. And I know he is doing that on the other side...livening up heaven for sure! Our family just seems quieter with him gone from us. Can't believe that on April 4th, he will have been gone from us for a year. It seems so unbelievable. My sister and I were talking about it tonight at Mom's. Of course we both got teary-eyed. That happens so easily. A lot of times on the way to work in the mornings, I think about my brother. Wondering, as always, what he is doing. Does he think about us? Is he missing us? Is he excited we will do his temple work in less than a month? Will he be there? Yes, I know he will. Is he excited that his 11 year old daughter is getting baptized on the 1st of April? I know he is so proud of her for taking that step. I just wish we could see his face as these amazing events take place in the next while. Jase, hopefully we will be able to do your temple work soon after your year mark...like that weekend. I hope it works out to do it quickly. We love you. We miss you like crazy!

Happy birthday to Jenna today! Another niece...who just turned 8. She gets baptized soon too. Very exciting. Mom, me, Karen, Alan, Ben, Ander, Wy, and Kiley all sang to her over the phone tonight. Yep- sign us up for the Motab choir!

1 comment:

Heather said...

Beautiful and tender post. I truly believe our loved ones know so much more about how much we love them and other stuff. That gives me peace at times. It's just hard when we miss them. Sending good thoughts your way!